The business analysis helps 3SG partners in answering key strategic questions –
- Identify the strengths of the company compared to the overall industry and the competition. Is the strength based on execution, or knowledge-base, and thought leadership, or is it market focus? What are the areas where stronger focus would help?
- How to position the company products and/or services to gain market share?
- What is the focus of the competition? Is it a specific market or a particular service that gives them a market share advantage? Is the business capable of addressing that specific market or of competing with that particular service?
- What are the geographical areas, industries with the most business activity and that offer the greatest opportunity for growth?
- Which are the market opportunities that offer the highest potential for the business?
One: Company Analysis
3SG Consulting has designed a system to analyze a company’s present market position and internal operations that fulfill customer needs.
The deliverables from this analysis are:
- Create a positioning statement defining the product(s), highlighting the target market, and documenting market problems that the company solves.
- Articulate product applications. Prioritize product applications defining key features and benefits.
- Analyze product marketing objectives.
- Assess sales operations maturity, successful drivers, and offer recommendations.
- Conduct a value chain analysis, identify scalability requirements for services/product fulfillment.
- Furnish brand assessment by benchmarking the company’s position against the competition for strategy alignment, customer support/service, marketing communication, and product/service offering dimensions.
- Generate a customer profile assessment by compiling demographics, psychographics, behavioral, and environmental factors.
- Develop a USP statement for core value prop of partner (Unique selling proposition) – benchmark product features, uniqueness, differentiators, and ranking on key criteria.
- Analyze social media market position and strategy.
Two: Market Research and Competitive Analysis
3SG leverages their 30+ years of industry knowledge and experience successfully driving product strategy and market positioning for manufacturers in the construction and architectural industries.
- Industry research and analysis for addressable markets. Discovery and definition of market niches that help to capture market share and achieving revenue targets.
- Market size and value for specific products and services.
- Market insights and technology trends.
- Specific online research that reveals growth, market evolution trends, and new opportunities.
- Industry trends and market potential that is specific to our partners.
- Market segmentation analysis.
- Competitive value drivers analysis – how the partner stacks up against competition for the value drivers that are critical for end customers.
- Market size and market share analysis.
- Product offering analysis, including type and positioning.
- Competitive positioning relative to project type, rep organization, services offered, and social media presence.
- Brand Identity comparison/analysis.
- Online competitive analysis – website, search engine credibility, social media strategy, and keyword analysis.
With business analysis, 3SG team creates a solid blueprint for a company to capture market share and grow the business in a very sustainable way. The 3SG team has established track record for partnership in execution; thorough business analysis based on real data is one of the keys to this success.
Partner in Execution Request Support
Questions or Comments?